2011-04-27

First sight seeing and wildlife encounter


Wow Sydney is great! It offers a great number of interesting bird species, beautiful places and intermediate weather. Just good enough for us people from the north! Here you can see my girl and myself in front of the famous Sydney opera house. Great, isn't it?

Here you can see some of the nice little cuties which are so typically Australia's wildlife: different marsupials (in this case: models and stuffed specimens handcrafted by Chinese artists of unknown age).
As shown here, it is hard to resists the massive impression overload of Sydney's great souvenir shopping area China Town.

Some people have more, some have less problems to resist. It was a fight, I can tell ya, to keep Sheila out of that shop!


Larus novaehollandiae: This otherwise (e.g. in Europe) rare species is relatively common in Sydney. Great isn't it? I am still thrilled to have approached it so close.


Also a rare one: The Australian White Ibis Threskiornis molucca has never before come into my sight. Awesome!
You'll get more from me soon!
Catch ya later..
T.

Keine Kommentare: