2007-10-14

Huhu..

Halli hallo..
it is more than four weeks to go, until I will leave Germany for South Afrika to enter the most powerful ship in the german scientific fleet: the ice breaker, supply and research vessel "FS Polarstern".
I really look forward to it!!!
It is an honour to me that I was chosen to take part in expedition ANT XXIV-2 to Antarctica. I was integrated into the team of SYSTCO, which is a project to analyse the oceans' biological system coupling from the deep sea up to the surface. I will help sorting and fixing sampled material and extracting DNA from Isopods (Crustacea: Peracarida) on bord.
At the moment I am stuck in planning, buying, packing and mostly thinking.. I still don't know, with whom I'm going to share my cabin.. one of my biggest fears is that I may have to live three months on bord sharing my privacy with a fat old unfriendly guy who is smoking, snoring and farting all the time and a professor in physics.. well.. I'll be aware of it soon enough..

Cheers.. Sasquatch

Keine Kommentare: