2007-10-28

Rönne - A sheer cosmopolitan village ( Ein reines Weltdorf)

Rönne is where I come from. It is but a small village in northern Lower Saxony, southeast of Hamburg. And Rönne stands for a glorious history through ages. Napoleon himself marched through my Rönne on his way to Russia, the famous but hated nuklear powerplant "Krümmel" can be seen from my house, and surely many more important things happened and still continue to happen in, around or because of Rönne. Thus, it is once and for all famous all over the world and not only gave name to Rønne, the capitol of the danish island of Bornholm but also to the Rönne Ice Shelf (see figure!), being part of the second largest ice sheets in the Antarctic. Isn't that amazing? This is, where the famous "calving" of the A-38 iceberg took place (remember "Tagesschau"?). Wow.. I am proud to be a true Rönnesian! And soon I will come close to the Rönne Ice Shelf myself, when I'm on "Polarstern" visiting and supplying the german Polar Station "Neumayer II" (see arrow on figure). The red line is approximately the heading of our cruise.
So far.. cheers..
Torben

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hello. And Bye.

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi there everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are around 240 dollars on every site. But for all I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you say about it?

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that meticulous model. The prices seeking the shoes were around 250 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you tell me about these?