2011-06-17

Eek A Mouse!!!


Don't know if I already told that story.. The other day Jasmin and I were already lying in bed reading when this strange noise led to some confusion. It was a jangling sound as if somebody was throwing dice on a wooden floor. First we thought it came from outside in the corridor but when I got up to check, it first stopped and then started again but from inside our room. So we thought it would probably be our house mates in the room above ours playing dice on the floor. It seemed very unlikely, though, at this time of the day. Suddenly, we realized that the sound had its origin under our bed. So I lifted the mattress and got what I found was a chocolate frog (that Jasmin has given me as present some weeks earlier and that should have been lying in the wardrobe) which had suffered some nibbling and gnawing! There must have been a mouse or something just a second ago! First I thought it must be inside this wrinkle in the carpet in front of me. But the I saw it. A tiny mouse was running alongside the room's wall and hiding behind a box in the corner. Applying all our experience trained during intense field exercise, Jasmin and I beseiged the mouse in it's hide until it surrendered. We caught it alive and put it (together with the remnants of the frog) into an iron pot to proudly present it to our house mates next day. What an exciting evening! ;)
Cheers! T.

Keine Kommentare: