2011-08-16

Spending time in Reykjavík

Yes - I am still alive. Even though I am struggling.. The time since my arrival more than two weeks ago has been very productive. Besides the work, however, I try to suck in as much of this country's beauty as I can. Let me give show you some impressions..

Tjörnin - the city's lake at the town hall. In the background you can see Askja, the Biology Department of the University of Iceland.

This building at Aragata 9 is where I am working. It belongs to the University, too.

Reykjavík at night (with some color changes). But yes: It is not really getting dark at the moment. However, the days are quickly getting shorter already.

This Building is the Hússtjórnarskólinn of Reykjavík. Instead of a social or ecological year, in Iceland the women can learn cooking and knitting etc. in the year after finishing school. That is the place I was staying at for the first 2 weeks. Now the school has started again after the summer break and I had to move out. Until the second world war this has been the German embassy in Iceland.

See: I am getting perfectly adapted. In the background you see some of the drawings I am stuffing this lab full with.

Keine Kommentare: